Skip to main content

BEST DAY EVER -or pretty close;) and other stuff


Part 2: Feel Me (pain and happiness)

       Sometimes in life, things seem to happen all at once. "When it rains it pours", right?  On may the 9th my mom and I were involved in a car accident when someone pulled out in front of us.  Immediately after the accident, we tried to get out of the car, but the car was so messed up that the doors would not open. That is a scary feeling!! At first, I didn't think I was hurt, but I think that was the adrenaline.  We went to the emergency room to be checked out to be sure. Thank God my mom wasn't hurt, just sore. I however chipped the bone in my thumb, busted my lip and nose, broke the wire on my braces, and had pretty bad internal bruising. I know that it could have been so much worse so I certainly count my blessings!


"And pennies make dimes and dimes make dollars,
Dollars buy gas and longneck bottles,
Beer gets a barefoot country girl swayin,
To a song that's playin on the radio station.
Bad times make the good times better"
-Frankie Ballard

     In early June I received one of the kinds of phone calls that no one wants to receive, turns out my 94-year-old grandfather had fallen in the middle of the night and hit his head and was taken to the emergency room.  They "checked" him out and sent him home!  Would you believe his brain was bleeding, which later caused him to go into a coma that he would never wake up from?  I was very close to my "PaPa", in fact, every weekend I would go to his house to spend time with him and do things around the house for him.  Sometimes I would take him out to eat and he would tell me the stories he had told me 1000 times before but I knew that one day I wouldn't be able to hear those stories anymore. I also made him watch the show Say Yes to the Dress with me all the time, he would fuss at the TV about how much the women were spending on wedding dresses and it was rather humorous to listen to sometimes.  Hard to believe that I will never be able to watch that show again with out him.  He was moved to Kitty Askins Hospice Center. If you have never seen what a wonderful place that is take it from me, if you have to go through losing a family member that is where you want to be when it happens, they were so wonderful to my grandfather and my family.  If you want to check out their website or even donate to them please visit http://www.3hc.org/services/hospice/kitty-askins-hospice-center . He was there for a total of three days and during that time I probably left his side for no more than three hours. I guess I was secretly hoping he would wake up, but on June the 9th at about 1 am he passed away while I was alone with him. The following weeks were very hard on me, especially Sundays, as that was the day I always spent with him, but I know that he is no longer suffering and is with my Nanny now.



     I had been dating a new guy for about two months and things seemed to be going well, the week that my grandfather was in the hospital I saw very little of him. I expected him to be there for me a little but didn't think much of it at the time. The week after the funeral he broke up with me, where do I get these guys anyway?????? Anyway I have said all of this to tell you that even though things happen we have to keep going, life does not stop for us, it does not stop when we are having a bad day or even when we lose a loved one, but the good news is that GOOD THINGS AND GOOD TIMES are always around the corner, just when you least expect them.

     BEST DAY EVER
    When I turned 30, I was told by several people that the THIRTIES are the best years of your life.  If you had asked me this time last year or even 3 months ago, I would say you were nuts, because things seemed to be going downhill for me at a rapid pace.  BUT let me tell you that three months into my 31st year I am happy to tell you that the 30s are looking promising ;)
     Last week a friend (Thanks JenJen) sent me a message telling me about a job opening that she thought I should check into. I applied not thinking I'd even get called back.  Mid-week I got a phone call asking me to come for an interview. I happened to be out of town for the Dixie Chicks Concert but we made arrangements for an interview.  Friday afternoon I got an e-mail offering me my DREAM JOB: an Art teacher at Wayne Preparatory Academy.  I couldn't believe it and couldn't have been happier to accept the position. This job was an answer to prayers! Could it be, are things looking up? Yes, it's quite possible! Maybe my PaPa is watching over me and sent me this job, maybe it was luck, maybe it was fate; call it what you wish. All I know is that I am looking forward to this new opportunity.
     I also happened to have a "first date" planned for Friday night......WAIT WHAT????? an interview and a first date in the same day, am I crazy......never mind don't answer that!!! Normally I wouldn't even write about this so publicly this soon, but it is part of what turned out to be a pretty darn good day!  Things didn't quite work out like we had originally planned, but they worked out regardless!  I don't know what will or will not become of it, but I do want to say that was definitely one of my BEST DAYS EVER :)

XOXO
Brittany



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Santa,

           I am afraid that I have become someone that we have all been annoyed by at some point in our lives. But you know what??? I'm honestly not even sorry...…as they say (lol) SORRY NOT SORRY! I may have become the dreaded girl that talks about her boyfriend ALLLLL the time (usually without even noticing that I am doing it) and let me tell you why I offer exactly 0 apologies for it!? I am 38 years old, and I have never been in anything but TOXIC relationships. I don't know maybe, once you are in a few bad relationships, you start to think that toxicity is normal, but I'm here to tell you that it's not. It may be what is common in 2023, but it is not how it actually should be. I could tell you some stories that would make your skin crawl!   I had a boyfriend tell me that I was so big that I weighed down my side of the bed. One that refused to take me to Immediate Care when I broke out in hives all over my body and was having trouble breathing because, "That was

My jumbled thoughts on "paper"

       I have been telling myself for a while now that I would sit down to write a new entry in my blog. I have intentions of doing it more, but sometimes my thoughts seem so jumbled and it's hard to know where to start. I will be lying in bed about to drift off and I think of something profound that I want to write, but by the time I wake up, I can't remember what it was.       I find myself 37 years old, not knowing where I am headed in my life. Don't get me wrong, I AM EXTREMELY BLESSED and if you know me, then you know that most days I spend my time LIVING MY BEST LIFE. I have my family, my friends, I own a house and car, have 3 college degrees, and some pretty dang adorable "fur babies", seriously have you seen them?            I certainly thought by this point in my life, I would be married and have a baby or two.  There is nothing that I have ever wanted more than I have wanted to be a mommy.  If I am 100% honest every day that passes that I am not a mom,

A Piece of My Heart is Gone Forever

     The last blog post I wrote, was on October 19, 2019, and it was about the same thing I am writing about now. Only I thought I was hurting then, now I am truly heartbroken. It was a letter to "addiction" but really it was to Jack, whom I loved dearly, but simply (for my mental health) could not be around anymore. Now I find myself thinking of TONS of things that I want to tell him, and simply cannot ever again. This is just a short version of the story!    None of what I have to say is out of any disrespect to him, the truth is that I did love him! I did everything that I knew how to show him how much I loved him and to help "save" him. I hated the person he turned into when he was taking pills (and eventually God knows what else). He and I had a somewhat tumultuous relationship, dating twice over three years. Deep down he was an amazing person, and that’s why I held on for so long, I knew the real Jack was in there somewhere! When Jack and I were together, I p