Skip to main content

See ME


I’d like to ask you a question.

What do you see when you look at me?

Do you see a woman who has a big heart that has been broken more times than I’d like to count?  Do you see the little girl that was made fun of for being fat growing up, and struggled with her weight from a very young age? Do you see the little girl that spent a few years with just her mom, because her parents were divorced when she was 1 ½? How about the number of stamps I have on my passport? We have all been guilty of looking at someone and judging them by the way they look, but what does it take for you to see past what’s on the outside and see what is on the inside?  What’s the old cliché? Don’t judge a book by its cover.


I am still finding out who I am but let me tell you what I see when I look at me.

When I look at myself in the mirror, regardless of what society says, I don’t see a “Fat” person, I see a normal person, even further than that A PERSON. I was a SHY little girl that no matter what people said about myself, I decided that even though I was bigger than many girls her age, she wanted to compete in beauty pageants and pursue modeling. I see an OUTGOING, loud, fun, and talkative person (I got that honest). I also see a girl that would do anything for anyone, even a stranger. I see a girl that has taken care of many many kids because that’s one of my passions. I see a “fur mommy” to two hedgehogs.  I see a girl that has been fortunate to have traveled to several different states and countries, eaten lunch with one of the Presidents of the United States, and been featured in a National Magazine.  I see a girl that has two degrees, one in Elementary and Special Education and one in Office Administration. I also see a girl that cried when she watched Forest Gump because they were throwing rocks at him because he “walked funny”.  I could go on and on and tell you all the things that I see when I see ME in the mirror, but I think you get the idea.

My name is Brittany, and I am 31 years old I still don’t quite have this crazy thing called life figured out, and I doubt I ever will, but I do my very best to navigate my way through it every day. I believe in God and love my country.  I am a former military brat and a beauty queen.  There is nothing I want more than to be a good daughter, sister, friend, and one day I’d like to be a mommy. I try very hard to always do the right thing, but we all know that no one is perfect. My favorite color is teal and my favorite food is strawberries. I love NC State and love taking pictures.  I’d like to think that I have made an impact on the life of my loved ones and that they couldn’t imagine life without me.  They see me for who I am on the inside.

In today’s society, there are so many things we are taught is how we should look. No matter what people will criticize you. You are either too skinny or too fat, you are a prude or a slut, and you are a hoodlum or a bible thumper.  Why can’t we just be PEOPLE?  It takes all kinds to make this world go round, try not to be so quick to judge next time you sit down or stand in line next to someone. Instead, smile at them or say HI! My friends will tell you that I have met several people just by striking up a conversation with a stranger.

Finally I’d like to ask you to simply see ME









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Santa,

           I am afraid that I have become someone that we have all been annoyed by at some point in our lives. But you know what??? I'm honestly not even sorry...…as they say (lol) SORRY NOT SORRY! I may have become the dreaded girl that talks about her boyfriend ALLLLL the time (usually without even noticing that I am doing it) and let me tell you why I offer exactly 0 apologies for it!? I am 38 years old, and I have never been in anything but TOXIC relationships. I don't know maybe, once you are in a few bad relationships, you start to think that toxicity is normal, but I'm here to tell you that it's not. It may be what is common in 2023, but it is not how it actually should be. I could tell you some stories that would make your skin crawl!   I had a boyfriend tell me that I was so big that I weighed down my side of the bed. One that refused to take me to Immediate Care when I broke out in hives all over my body and was having trouble breathing because, "That was

My jumbled thoughts on "paper"

       I have been telling myself for a while now that I would sit down to write a new entry in my blog. I have intentions of doing it more, but sometimes my thoughts seem so jumbled and it's hard to know where to start. I will be lying in bed about to drift off and I think of something profound that I want to write, but by the time I wake up, I can't remember what it was.       I find myself 37 years old, not knowing where I am headed in my life. Don't get me wrong, I AM EXTREMELY BLESSED and if you know me, then you know that most days I spend my time LIVING MY BEST LIFE. I have my family, my friends, I own a house and car, have 3 college degrees, and some pretty dang adorable "fur babies", seriously have you seen them?            I certainly thought by this point in my life, I would be married and have a baby or two.  There is nothing that I have ever wanted more than I have wanted to be a mommy.  If I am 100% honest every day that passes that I am not a mom,

A Piece of My Heart is Gone Forever

     The last blog post I wrote, was on October 19, 2019, and it was about the same thing I am writing about now. Only I thought I was hurting then, now I am truly heartbroken. It was a letter to "addiction" but really it was to Jack, whom I loved dearly, but simply (for my mental health) could not be around anymore. Now I find myself thinking of TONS of things that I want to tell him, and simply cannot ever again. This is just a short version of the story!    None of what I have to say is out of any disrespect to him, the truth is that I did love him! I did everything that I knew how to show him how much I loved him and to help "save" him. I hated the person he turned into when he was taking pills (and eventually God knows what else). He and I had a somewhat tumultuous relationship, dating twice over three years. Deep down he was an amazing person, and that’s why I held on for so long, I knew the real Jack was in there somewhere! When Jack and I were together, I p