Saturday, September 17, 2016

What we can not have

Why do people always want what they can't have? Is it just human nature? What's so appealing to what is out of reach to us? 




I guess it goes back as far as when Eve eats fruit from the FORBIDDEN tree. When something is hard to get (or forbidden) we suddenly pay more attention to it, which must be why that apple looked so enticing. 




It never seems to fail, when someone sees you happy, they are suddenly more attracted to you, even if they never were before. People come out of the wood works, exes return saying "I'm sorry, I messed up, etc." I have been single for the better part of 5 years mostly by choice (after I got my heart broken and thought it could never be put back together). I honestly thought I would never love someone the same way I loved him again.  Time and space helped me see that it is possible to care again. I've always noticed what seems out of reach is what we, as humans, seem to always want.  




I have recently met a great guy, we are just getting to know each other and what the future holds is still yet to be seen,but he brings the biggest smile to my face everyday. I've also "heard" that he hasn't smiled as much as he has in the last three weeks since we "met". 


Earlier this week we talked about this very same thing! Is it happiness that makes us suddenly more attractive or is it being taken that makes us desirable to someone others? Our minds place value on things without us even realizing, and there are forces at work, which determine the value of a certain thing (or a certain someone). Elitedaily.com says: "We tend to more so desire those who are desired by others. The same is true of objects and things."



No comments:

Post a Comment